Monday 18 May 2009

Fish O Mainia - Monks Lake

I was lucky enoughg to get a ticket for the Fish O Mainia quailifer at Monk Lakes in Kent. I seen from the list theere was so good anglers down.

I somehow knew that I would end up near Darren Cox, after being in the car park 10 minutes I noticed he'd parked behind me , that's a bit spooky to say the least. Well at draw time my hand went into the box and I pulled out peg 68 on match lake 2, this is not the best half of the lake. I humped all the gear round and over the bridge to the peg.

As I started to setup I looked up only to see Darren Cox setting up on peg 69. Jay came round and we had a chat about how he'd attack the peg , with his ideas in mind I setup a few rigs 2 margin swims and a 6-7m swim straight out in front. I'd really wanted to setup a feeder rig just in case.

At all in I fed all three swims and started to fish the 7m line I had immediate results and by the first hour managed to get a few carp in the net, however I managed to loose as many as I have landed. Over the next couple of hours the swims just seemed to die on me.

This resulted in me moving out on the pole to 9-10 meters, I managed a few more small carp, then time came to go out to 14.5 meters this resulted in a few more bites and only another 2 carp in the net.

I'd not come anywhere close to winning the section however I'd totally enjoyed the day, I'll be applying again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment