Saturday 7 March 2009

House lake - Wylands 7th March 09


I arrived at wylands House lake around 9.30am the only other people that was there was a couple kids on the island looked like they where fishing for carp.

Anyway I set up the new Preston Innovations GXR 3000 pole. I opted to fish at 4-5 meters.

I setup with 0.4 gramm float and plumbed the depth which was rund 5 feet on this peg.

As for bait I had 4 pints of red maggots and tin of corn, some 1mm feed pellets and 4 and 6mm soft hook pellets. I started feeding a few red maggots with every putin and this resulted in a few small roach. Within half an hour I'd had around 30 small roach and a couple of small skimmer bream.

I stepped up the feeding and added some sweetcorn to the loose feed, this started to bring the skimmers and some better roach the biggest being around 12oz. All I was using was double red maggot on the hook.

I changed to corn on the hook and the bites seemed to disappear. However after 10 minutes I got my first bite on corn, the was a better stamp of skimmer. I changed back to double red maggot and the bites where straight back the as before I swapped to corn.

I started to feed around 10 maggots with every put in, and the fish responded with positive bites every few seconds.

I decided to pack up around 3.00pm and I'd say I'd had aound 40lb of silvers in that time. Trevor (M.T. Net) spent some time having a chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment