Monday 13 April 2009

Got Baits ISK League Round 1

This is my first year back match fishing after nearly 20 years, things have changed somewhat, well over the past few months I've been on a rapid learning curve.

However the day was here for the first match at Bramley / Peartree Lakes at Hartleylands in Kent. At the draw I picked Peg P20 which was peg 20 on Peartree Lake. I've never fished any of these lakes so it was do my best regardless.

When I walked round to the peg I had an island straight out in front of me and some margins to both sides. The plan of attack was feed 2 margins swims one to the left and the other to the right. A third line would be over to the island with either a pellet feeder or pellet waggler.

Upon opening the rod bag I noticed that I had left my feeder rod at home, a quick phone call and my trusted 10' MAP Parabolix Feeder rod was on it's way by Robbie Express.

I opted for the feeder rod over the pellet waggler as I have more confidence on this method, as I've only ever used the pellet waggler once before.

I mixed up around 3 pints of 2mm pellets for the feeder and had a few pre drilled hard pellets, with my main line of attack being a method feeder to the island a cast of around 25 meters.

The whistle went for all in I cast out to the island within seconds the tip was showing signs of life then it went round and soon the first carp was coming to the net, in the next hour I managed to catch another 15 carp, with the bites not showing any signs of giving up.

In the meantime I continued to feed the margins with the plan in the last hour to fish there. However I was catching small carp every few minutes and was starting to build a decent weight.

I hooked a few bigger fish which I failed in getting to the net, and managed to snag up on the bottom and loose a couple of hook lengths on.

I started on the margin swim with an hour to go, after 15 minutes I'd not even had a take, I decided to use the feeder rig and go back over to the island and was soon rewarded with another carp.

I'm quite pleased with the result and currently finished 11th overall at a water I've never fished before, I know these placing will fall as I'm missing the next round due to going on holiday.

Results:

1 Nick Gilbert 103-13 peg 4 pear tree
2 Matt Love 5 79-9 peg 8 pear tree
3 Ian Carley 5 78-14 peg 9 bramley
4 Jonny Watt 5 73-14 peg 20 bramley
5 Jeff Driscoll 4 63-6 peg 6 pear tree
6 Russ Evans 4 50-9 peg 8 bramley

League Placing

1 Nick Gilbert 5 103-13
2 Matt Love 5 79-9
3 Ian Carley 5 78-14
4 Jonny Watt 5 73-14
5 Jeff Driscoll 4 63-6
6 Russ Evans 4 50-9
7 Dennis Price 4 47-3
8 Mark Hathway 4 44-8
9 Collin Wood 3 49-13
10 Nick Allen 3 43-10
11 Paul Slater 3 39-7
12 Chris Jones 3 16-14
13 Trevor Little 2 48-8
14 Pete Allen 2 23-3
15 John Haige 2 19-5
16 Brian Pink 2 9-11
17 Rusty (on Holiday) 0
18 Alan Loader (forgot about the match!) 0

No comments:

Post a Comment