Thursday 23 April 2009

Town Park Lakes Torquay - 23rd April


Were on our yearly trip to Devon, staying over in Brixham this year, as always I manage to get a few days fishing in while were here. I went on monday and had a nice 40lb bag of skimmer bream and roach, with a couple of common carp to 3lb each.

However today was different Sarah the other half had decided to give fishing a go.......shock horror!

We arrived at Town Park Lakes at around 9.00am some 2.5hours since me and the dog was ready to go. Anyway We decided to fish peg 10 which is at the far side of the lake away from anyone as we had the mutt with us. I still had some bait from the other day. I set-up a feeder rod with a pellet feeder rig and a pellet waggler rod for sarah. while I was setting up she went off to get breakfast for us and she soon returned with a bacon butty and a can of pepsi for myself and she had the sausage butty. However I'd had a quick couple of casts and managed to get a nice 3lb common carp and a small skimmer in the net.

On the third cast with the feeder rod the tip whizzed round again and another 3lb common was soon in the net. I continued casting the feeder to the island and over the course of the day I managed another 4 smaller carp and 21 skimmer bream upto 1lb being the largest of them.

I'd set Sarah up the pellet waggler, however due to her first time fishing this was a bit much with the wind being in our faces, I decided to geta top kit out so she could have a go for the roach and rudd in the lake.

After showing her a couple of times she was soon into the roach and rudd with no problem swinging them over for me to unhook and add the maggots back on the hook, this soon changed as I started to make myself busy when she needed somethings doing, which started to to do things for herself this included unhooking the fish first then soon I had her putting magggots on the hook and throwing in a few maggots. Before long she was catching roach or a rudd a cast and starting to enjoy herself (That's a first never thought I see her fish..!)as the dog was starting to get restless and I was running out of spam to throw to her to keep her quite it was time to go I started to pack up only to hear Sarah say do we have to go yet.

At the end of the day the tally was:

Myself:

6 carp to 3lb
21 skimmer Bream

Sarah:

50 plus roach and rudd
Best fish 10-12oz

Tomorrow were going to try the specimun lake which holds large carp and catfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment