Friday 16 January 2009

1st Wylands Match Nov 08


I decided to give one of there Sunday matches a go. Turned up on the day it was over cast with a cold wind blowing.

Waited for the draw, and drew peg 163. After I found the peg it was about 8-9 meters wide with a large over hanging tree straight in front. A nice left hand swim in the margins and to the right another over hanging tree.

So with a three swim option I set up my rigs for margin and another the far bank. I started at the all in on the far bank rig with paste, I baited the other swims with pellet and corn. after about 30 minites I still hadn't had a touch, I decided to try maggot on the hook, instant success, the pole float shot under, I struck this wasn't a big fish, however it was a fish. I swung it to hand it was a pumpkin sunfish( a first for me). Back out on the far bank and another bite, yet another Pumpkin Sunfish. I must have had all of 4oz's in the net now.

I put another 6 small pumpkin sunfish in the net, maybe a pound if I was lucky, I tried the right hand margin line and nothing there, I kept feeding and still nothing. After about 2 hours with still no real fish in the net I noticed the guy on the next peg land a carp around 6lb. The float shot under and I just lifted the pole thinking it was another small pumpkin sunfish, well I was wrong the elastic shot out of the end of the pole about 20 feet it was a carp , after a few minutes I managed to get a look at it, it was around 8-10lb and it was on a silly thin elastic after 20 minutes finally in the net .

That was the end of the fish that day apart from having to rescue a 4th and 5th section of the pole as the wind threw it in the water for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment