Saturday 31 January 2009

House Lake - Wylands 31st Jan 2009


We decided to try the House Lake at Wylands as we have a match booked there later this year, off we went for a practice session.

Well this morning started very slowly firstly missing the alarm going off, then having to go get the car load and load it up, however I must thank the idiot who knocked Rob's bike over causing around £300 worth of damage well you idiots, hopefully you'll get something in return.


Anyway we arrived at the House Lake at around 8.30 ish, there was only two very cold looking carp anglers on the lake so we decided to fish the pegs near the road.

Both Ade and myself decided to use the ledger rod first and was going to swap to the pole later that morning, I prepared some 2mm feed pellets and set-up. I baited up with a 8mm banded pellet, hanging down from the pellet feeder about 4 inches.
First cast towards the island I had a good bite and the tip went round and Bream no.1 was soon in the net. Over th next few casts I soon was landing my sixith bream of the day.

I already started to feed another swim straight out in front at around 6 meters. MT Net came and introduced himself and told us that the House Lake fishes better at 6 meters on the pole. I setup a 6 meter line on the pole, it's aroung 5 foot deep, I continued to feed around 20-30 maggots every puttin and soon the skimmers was on the feed.

Only having around a pint of mixed maggots, I was told that red ones worked best I knew that this wouldn't be the day of the best results.

I had around 8 skimmers and a handfull of roach on this line.

According to MT Net (Trevor) you need around 4 pints for an average match, and also some corn which I tried and didn't have any good results on however with the wind blowing from the east at around 20mph this kept the tempature well down to near freezing.

I'm going to have another day on the House Lake in the very near future, where I'm going to try a few more methods, I used to fish a bream venue some years ago and so I'm going to try float fishing with a waggler float and try some different baiting method.

No comments:

Post a Comment