Friday 16 January 2009

Bodiam Castle River Rother Jan 09

Well I must have been mad it was -3.5c when Ade picked me up, as we headed through Hastings so we headed to Buckshole a club water I'd had a look the day before and it wasn't frozen.

Well it was frozen solid this morning, so out with the map and club book to find a river, back in the van we had decided on the Bodiam Castle stretch, when we arrived another club was having a match so we just fished at the end of the match.

Both ade and myself set up feeder rods, I went for the cage feeder and Ade for a 1/8oz bomb with maggot.

The temp was going south all the time, ade had a small roach within a few minutes and I was getting bites but missing them constantly. Finally I hit one then snap lost it.

I changed to a size 16 hook with 4lb hook length and still bites however I still couldn't hit them, I tried leaving them, striking early and still nothing. Ade caught another roach and I noticed the odd fish from the people fishing the match.

Finally I had a bite that I connected with the fish was on I got it to the bank and into the net it was a chub just over the pound mark worth waiting for.

I was still getting bites however not fish so we decided to give it up as a bad job.

When we packed up and went back to the van the temp read -7.5c I told you we was mad.....!

No comments:

Post a Comment