Friday 16 January 2009

Trout Fishing Before Christmas 08



Yet another cold december day, so we was off to the local trout lake as someone (me) had a good idea of lets get some trout for christmas and we can smoke our own. Sounded good after a few pints.

I picked up Pete about 12.00 and headed over, when we got there the wind was blowing I knew it was going to be a hard day.

Pete stayed down by the car, and me decided to go and walk round the lake, after about 30 minutes I had a nice 3lb in the bag and had noticed Pete caught a trout also, I wondered round a bit further and the wind was blowing straight in my face totally no good however I did manage to hook a little perch of 4oz.

I walked back to where Pete was fishing and saw him hit into a good fish, it was good when he got it into the net , it was a nice 6lb 6.5oz his largest to date.(see pic).

So I had a few casts and caught a couple more fish, we had both caught our limit, so back in the car to the pub to warm up.

No comments:

Post a Comment