Friday 16 January 2009

Wishing Tree Practice Session Dec 08


Had nothing to do one monday so thought I'd take myself over to Wish Tree a local club water, having seen the report in the local paper I knew it had been fishing well.

Monday morning arrived had to take the other half to work, then off to the lake, get there about 8.30ish to my supprise their was no one on the lake, the lake to my self.

I headed down to the dam end setup the feeder rod with pellet feeder and 3in hair rig, as I wanted to get the method nailed I was only going to do one thing all day.

I soaked the 2mm feed pellets and banded a few 6 and 8mm pellets ready for the hook, finally finished setting up.

Acast around 40yards was the first target, I started getting the next feeder ready and bang the tip sailed round, I struck and it was on this seemed a nice fish, a few minutes later a 5lb in the net. Next cast came another carp around the same size, and then another. Things where looking great 3 fish 3 casts.

I carried on catching carp between 4-8lb for the next few hours although it did slow down a bit.

Then bang the tip shot round I hit into it and almost immediately I knew this was a better fish, after a good battle the common carp was in the net, this was the first double of the day a 12lb fish.

Thought it was time for a coffee, I baited up again and back out, then thump again this felt a really big fish, I changed my hook length to a 6lb since the last time I was on this lake, and was I glad of this.
I finally saw it I knew from that the moment this was my largest carp I had ever caught, so I had to be carefull. After what seemed an age it was finally in the net, and weighed in at 18lb 1oz. From that point I wondered if the day could get any better, I didn't caught anything bigger , but I contiued to caught carp. As time was ticking on I knew I had to start packing up.

So last few casts I thought, cast out the tip sailed round again, thisd time to my surprise it was a double figure mirror carp, I'd only ever had these in the 1-2lb range before.
So last cast as I had to go and get the other half soon, it went round again, this was a huge fish as it took off about 50 yards up the lake, this carp was having none of it, but I wasn't giving up also, so we had a fight on, after about 15 minutes I saw it, now this was the biggest carp I'd ever hooked, this must have been in the twenties, just as I got the net ready, the hook length snapped, I was gutted.

However looking back on the day I managed to get the rig sorted , and I'd had 55 carp, 4 in double figures the best being my 18lb'er and a nice mirror carp, this totalled upto to around 200-250lb of carp from a club water in just under 6 hours not a bad session......!

No comments:

Post a Comment